AA&D Website Redesign
My first significant project during my time with Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) at the University of Guelph. AA&D had an outdated existing website on a limited platform. I initiated a full redesign project of the AA&D external website on a more flexible and secure Drupal platform. The implementation of this website redesign required the following major tasks:
- Leading project management and implementation.
- Development of a communications strategy for our external website.
- Creation of personas to drive the development of customer journey maps for optimal user experiences.
- Cross-campus and multiple team collaborations on strategy and capabilities.
- Balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and very diverse audiences.
- Web design and development.
- My Role
- Project Lead
- Project Team
- Communications, IS, Events, Annual Giving, Stewardship
- Leadership, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Digital Engagement, Project Management, Web Design & Development
Seamless user experience on all mobile devices
Fully AODA compliant to AA standard
The redesign of alumni.uoguelph.ca was a success that was well-received within our department, across campus, and with our end users. It was a substantial project accomplished with a limited budget and without the use of any external vendors. Average monthly web traffic has increased by 30% since the redesign in 2016. This project opened the door for new relationships between AA&D and campus communicators. It has most significantly allowed us to deliver a better online user experience that truly communicates our initiatives and goals.