As the Marketing and Digital Content Officer for Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) at the University of Guelph, I took the lead on creating our 2018 Impact Report. The Impact Report is an annual, digital report displaying our accomplishments and our largest stewardship initiative of the year in terms of audience size. The creation of the Impact Report required the following major tasks:
- Review of past Impact Report performance and creation of a data-informed communications strategy.
- Development of a deep understanding of stewardship practices.
- Leading and encouraging cross-collaboration between multiple teams.
- Web design and development to deliver an engaging user experience.
- Cross-campus collaboration to leverage all available communications channels for better reach.
- My Role
- Communications Team Lead
- Project Team
- Communications Team, Stewardship Team, IS Team
- Communication, Digital Engagement, Project Management, Web Design and Development
Seamless user experience on all mobile devices
All elements were tracked through UTM coding and fully integrated into Google Analytics
The Impact Report was a successful initiative helping to steward our diverse donors in a dynamic and engaging way. Significant learnings came from this project and insightful questions as to what type of impact our donors are seeking from our stewardship efforts and how we can more effectively engage our annual giving donors. We profiled a diverse group of donors of varying ages and gift amounts which drove the messaging that all gifts make an impact, no matter the size. This project has become the first step in moving towards a more dynamic and digital stewardship strategy.